Sunday, September 9, 2007

Examining Corporate Blogs

Since I am a new member of the blog phenomenon, I decided to look at a few blogs over the weekend to get a better sense of what's floating out there in cyberspace. While an undergrad, the admissions office selected a few individuals to create blogs about their life at RPI to give prospective students an inside look on what students really go through on campus and those were pretty interesting and well done, if I may say so myself.

I also researched a few of my favorites stores/companies to see if they had blogs as well. I was not surprised to find a lot of "unofficial" blogs for major corporations especially Disney. There are three in particular that I chose to examine to figure out the goals of the blogs and see if their posts were helping or hurting their images. If a company opts to have a blog, I believe it's important that the people who post to the blog are able to connect with the community since it is a non-traditional outlet to build a relationship with consumers and prospective customers as well. My top-picks vary in content and style and are Walmart, Google and Ebay.

No comments: