Sunday, September 9, 2007

"Hello, World!"

It seems appropriate to borrow that phrase from the first program usually written by computer science students since this is my first weblog and my intro post. I've kept many journals, but I am interested in maintaining this blog to take my writing to a new level and get feedback from others as well, not just professors. I recently graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and now I am graduate student at NJIT studying technical communication. The field of technical communication is misunderstood by many and I often receive puzzled looks from people who I talk to about my work and what I would like to do in the future. For those who are not in the loop, the IA in my heading stands for "Information Architect". I have a passion for writing, I am addicted to books and my ultimate pet peeve is spelling errors, especially on common words. It would be ideal to be able to be a consultant, helping companies and organizations produce websites and other materials that communicate their message effectively. This blog will have comments related to professional and technical communication and other items as I take this journey to find myself, so feel free to check back often. That's all :)

No comments: